Author Topic: [Programme Music] - PM 011 - Geoff Bastow - Music to Varnish Owls By (1975) FLAC  (Read 1679 times)

ericmivalstoothbrush

I'm sure this is one everyone is familiar with. Anyway, here's a decent sounding FLAC rip in case you don't already have it. If I remember correctly, I got this one on Slsk -- and it took me something like a week to download! -- so credit goes to someone whose name I can't remember. :)

https://www.discogs.com/Geoff-Bastow-Music-To-Varnish-Owls-By/release/1829823 (also issued on JW Library Music the same year)

h69ps://www56.zippyshare.com/v/FtFXg2XW/file.html

stackjackson

• Administrator
Thanks for this upgrade, eric!
| Stack |

bongo_rock

I am sorry to say this - but this album (from whoever you got this from) is not the right album.

The track "Fillet of Soul" compared to the mp3 version I had is a completely different song but it has that track name...

And when I checked through each track, I also found that the track "Double Trouble" from the album "JW 414 Flavour of the Month" by Geoff Bastow has
been thrown in there as well under a different name.

So this is not the right album.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 01:31:17 PM by bongo_rock »

ericmivalstoothbrush

I am sorry to say this - but this album (from whoever you got this from) is not the right album.

The track "Fillet of Soul" compared to the mp3 version I had is a completely different song but it has that track name...

And when I checked through each track, I also found that the track "Double Trouble" from the album "JW 414 Flavour of the Month" by Geoff Bastow has
been thrown in there as well under a different name.

So this is not the right album.

I'm turning in my library music fan badge, Sir...  :-[

What a mess! The upload is "Music to Varnish Owls By", but side B is messed up and, as you say, the last two songs are from another album!

Time and a Half is actually Supersplash
Supersplash is actually Well Above Average
Fillet of Soul is actually The Clan
Well Above Average is actually Sing Song
The Clan is actually Double Trouble from "Flavour of the Month"
Sing Song is actually Take Heart from "Flavour of the Month"

So, if I got everything right, this is "Music to Varnish Owls By" minus the last two tracks, but with two songs from "Flavour of the Month" addded instead. But at least it's all in lossless, so that's something I guess! :)

ericmivalstoothbrush

My brain is overheated right now. What I'm trying to say is:

This upload is missing TWO tracks, namely "Fillet of Soul" (most easily obtained on "Music for Dancefloors - Bosworth") and Time and a Half!

Feel free to delete this thread if people get confused (I know I am!).

stackjackson

• Administrator
Oops. Thanks for catching this bongo_rock.
| Stack |

Rob Lo

I used to love slsk but for the exact reason in this post is why i believe it's gone to junk.

There's always been mislabeled, falsified or poorly transcoded rips....some of it honest and genuine mistake or ignorance...but lately the gatekeeping has gotten *really* bad.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:44:24 PM by Rob Lo »