Author Topic: [CAM] ‎- SAG 9051 - Daniele Patucchi ‎- Men Of The Sea  (Read 3601 times)

Mr

• Administrator
Re: [CAM] ‎- SAG 9051 - Daniele Patucchi ‎- Men Of The Sea
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 12:46:37 PM »
Despite this LP being used in Italian TV, i was always under the impression that SAG 9051 was Library Music. It's not??

Meanwhile, I've read the posts on this page and I have the same question of AMP 172: shall we also assume AMP 172 is also NOT Library Music?

I mean, sort of... but not quite. The lines are very blurred with CAM - most (if not literally all) of the CAM cues originate from original soundtracks published by CAM. They have numerous series of soundtrack releases, some or all of which were also released for industry usage (I think). The only 'library' releases on CAM are the ones with catalogue number CmL, however, but the same music can also be found on the respective soundtrack releases.

... does that make sense?

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 10:43:10 PM »
Despite this LP being used in Italian TV, i was always under the impression that SAG 9051 was Library Music. It's not??

Meanwhile, I've read the posts on this page and I have the same question of AMP 172: shall we also assume AMP 172 is also NOT Library Music?

I mean, sort of... but not quite. The lines are very blurred with CAM - most (if not literally all) of the CAM cues originate from original soundtracks published by CAM. They have numerous series of soundtrack releases, some or all of which were also released for industry usage (I think). The only 'library' releases on CAM are the ones with catalogue number CmL, however, but the same music can also be found on the respective soundtrack releases.

... does that make sense?

Yes, it does. There's lotso crossover music in the CAM catalog.

It's not unlike TIM when they issued TIM 1024 / TIM 1025 which were also used for the soundtrack to The Hanged Man otst - Music From The Yorkshire Television Series (1975).

I don't recall which came first, the soundtrack, or the TIM releases. If a person didn't know there was a difference, it could be confusing.

My point is that TIM 1024 / 1025 had perfect crossover appeal to a wider audience.

I think this is true of much of Library Music, in general. At what point does a successful track become popular with the masses and cease to be identified exclusively as Library Music?

Case in point: so many of the KPM hits from the 60s, such as those used in NFL Films, or the Spider-Man animated series.

But before i digress onto a several more discussions (and maybe even some tangential rabbit trails), I should just say "yes," your explanation works for me. Thanks dude!

8]
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 11:17:41 AM »
A bit of a chicken and egg conundrum at times, too - did Alan Tew compose those cues specificially for the TV series or as library cues?

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2018, 12:19:23 AM »
A bit of a chicken and egg conundrum at times, too - did Alan Tew compose those cues specificially for the TV series or as library cues?

Mister, is yours a rhetorical question?

Just in case, I'd read a couple of years ago that Alan Tew originally composed the music for TIM. The music was such a good fit for the tv series that the producers used both TIM 1024/1025 in their entirety and later released the soundtrack of same.

It's been 2 or 3 years since i read that, so I'm not exactly sure, but it could have been from the Vocalion website??

Also, i have a large image of Vocalion's rear CD cover for the Hanged Man ost. All the track info is layed out including year, and which track originated from which TIM LP.

My background knowledge isn't as good as some on this board in re: specific track idenfication. It would be helpful perhaps if I resided in the UK so I'd hear the tracks more frequently with UK-based programming. One of those tracks that readily stands out is from the original incarnation of The People's Court.

OK, I just checked Vocalion's site and Discogs. If TIM & KPM still owns the rights to the tracks, I'd have to assume that TIM had the music first. I mean, I'm not an attorney or anything. I didn't even sleep @ a Holiday Inn last night, but...

it wouldn't make smart business sense for Alan Tew to compose the music and then TIM (or KPM, etc) purchase the rights after the fact. KnowwhatImean?

Anyways...

www.discogs.com/Alan-Tew-The-Hanged-Man/release/2811680

www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=CDSML8475&cat=382

Sorry to be so verbose  :-X
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

sj_beat

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2023, 09:06:53 PM »
Good day ) Reupload please  :) With best regards , SJ_Be@T )