Author Topic: [CAM] ‎- SAG 9051 - Daniele Patucchi ‎- Men Of The Sea  (Read 3617 times)

roope

[CAM] ‎- SAG 9051 - Daniele Patucchi ‎- Men Of The Sea
« on: September 17, 2018, 08:50:34 PM »
Found an old transfer of mine of this beauty, and now it's a share! I guess it's not out there yet lossless, but I'm not sure. There's a little bit of noise here and there in this copy, but it's still enjoyable. Hopefully someone can make a better rip of this classic at some point! Enjoy!

[CAM] ‎- SAG 9051 - Daniele Patucchi ‎- Men Of The Sea
www9.zippyshare.com/v/4M697OW7/file.html

le_tomval

• Tom Val Records
Re: [CAM] ‎- SAG 9051 - Daniele Patucchi ‎- Men Of The Sea
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 05:55:46 AM »
Thanks you !

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 01:08:24 PM »
Oh yes. Thank you.
G.

ericmivalstoothbrush

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 08:38:01 PM »
Thanks a lot, roope! Looking forward hearing this one in lossless!

Flemming

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 09:01:22 PM »
Cool, thanks a lot Roope!  8]

cratedigga

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 11:13:03 AM »
Thank you very much for this rare record Roope, I greatly appreciate!

By the way, it's a freaking long time that I search for this one from the same author:

https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/view/751420

So, if by chance you (or another member) own this one, it would be very nice of you if you could help me. Many thanks in advance.
Library music changed my life!

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 05:17:56 PM »
Thanks! I really like this record - and sleeve!

By the way, it's a freaking long time that I search for this one from the same author:
https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/view/751420
So, if by chance you (or another member) own this one, it would be very nice of you if you could help me. Many thanks in advance.
It's not all it's hyped up to be, really, mostly stuff you've probably already heard. As is often the case, a few select people have been pushing out copies at ridiculous prices (€200+), and have kept this game up for a long time. The Japanese-issued record may be quite rare, but you can find most of these cues on Patucchi's various CAM CmL releases and the CAM 7-inch AMP 172.
- Interesting film, though!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:20:58 PM by Mr »

roope

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 07:23:24 PM »

No, sorry, I wish I had I've been drooling for it for long but couldn't afford it with this kind of prices. The cover art is intense. But it's a relief to hear the music can be heard on other releases. BUT THE COVER ART IS INTENSE!

Men of the Sea cover is actually pretty cool! I think the photo I took from Discogs is from different edition. My copy has a shark shaped hole in the front and then it opens and the shark stays in the inner front cover of the gatefold.

I tried to google it, and found this link where you can see the structure well from this broken copy: https://www.kane.fi/prestashop/en/lp-levyt/patucchi-daniele-men-of-the-sea-kansi-f-levy-vg-kaytetty-lp/222749 (very cool to see it's only 10 euros in a Finnish record shop! It's fine price although the cover is in bad shape).

Mr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 08:03:48 PM »
BUT THE COVER ART IS INTENSE!
Haha yeah, definitely. That 7" sleeve too.

Oh wow, a die cut sleeve? Cool, never knew that. Apart from the more uniform library releases, CAM in general has some great looking sleeves, especially for their vinyl soundtrack releases. Their sister company Campi (among other things) served as a printing company, which I'm sure must have been helpful.

LMTH303

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 04:11:20 PM »
What a surprize! Can only bow in admiration before your offering roope!... ::)...Thanks!

cratedigga

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 03:38:01 PM »
Hi guys, I toyaly forfgot that I had the rip of the 7" Single in lossless hidden between my folders.

https://www.discogs.com/fr/Daniele-Patucchi-Uomini-E-Squali-Colonna-Sonora-Originale/release/2800515

It was given to me by MetralleTa-Z a few time ago, so here it is, hoping that he won't be upset for this...  ;D

hxxtps://www116.zippyshare.com/v/Kxb17Xyh/file.html

Yes Mr and Roope, I'm aware about this fact, I know that MetraZ and Pumi are behind it for a long time and they had made several attempts to try and get a copy at a decent price (and they continue to persist), but till now, they always failed because the few offers they found was all unaffordable for a common man. It's just a pity that no one is willing to make a reissue of this Holy Grail, by the way.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 04:52:05 PM by cratedigga »
Library music changed my life!

roope

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2018, 03:59:05 PM »
wow, thanks for the 7"! and wow, that cover art couldn't be much more!!  :o

Flemming

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2018, 09:48:43 PM »
Thanks cratedigga!  :)

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2018, 10:37:54 AM »
Thanks for the 7" Crate.
G.

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2018, 12:06:40 AM »

Hey, Roope, thanks for the FLAC-ized rip of SAG 9051. I never thought I'd ever find this!

Despite this LP being used in Italian TV, i was always under the impression that SAG 9051 was Library Music. It's not??

Meanwhile, I've read the posts on this page and I have the same question of AMP 172: shall we also assume AMP 172 is also NOT Library Music?

btw, thanks in advance, Cratedigga. It's only a matter of time before i get around to it :)

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit