Author Topic: Absolute Flute - a homemade compilation by Greta - 3 volumes  (Read 45085 times)

Greta

• Administrator
Absolute Flute - a homemade compilation by Greta - 3 volumes
« on: January 30, 2018, 10:39:41 PM »
This is a project born in my ideas a very long time ago. But we all know, time is never enough.
And considering the huge dimensions this project was taking as time was passing, well, I lost a bit of belief that it could be possible.
It's all about flutes in library. The original idea was to put together every flute cut I've enjoyed in these years, in one big, multi-volume compilation, eager to celebrate this instrument and his interpreters, both capable to give me great emotions.
But the candidates for this compilation were really too much, just too much. So, the idea has been changing over time and the final thought was to tighten the range of action.
A big shrinkage actually, cause here I present an orgy of italian-only, unprejudiced, flamboyant, sweet, sometimes unorthodox ways to play flutes.
And I wanted it to be in high quality lossless format, to make it even better to everyone's ears.
Obviously there would be more I'd like to add to this work, but my lossless collection don't go that far.
Three volumes, 12 tracks each, also for those who want to burn them to CD's and play them on their home stereo.

Hope you guys will enjoy this work.

Absolute Flute - Unconventional Blazing Flute Tunes From The Italian Library Vaults - Vol.1

mega.nz/#!OUgCHZbI!DzD2xuo_sPmyUomHk_ukda9mD9RspZa_JgdrV9yHfKc

Absolute Flute - Unconventional Blazing Flute Tunes From The Italian Library Vaults - Vol.2

mega.nz/#!ic5VDYLC!X1Hfq382ZVAsX2yOwvrOWEH4ON48QnROTSZabfnSiDk

Absolute Flute - Unconventional Blazing Flute Tunes From The Italian Library Vaults - Vol.3

mega.nz/#!KNpmCLZa!W7YWNPC4GM4sYouVTTvWxfRDFvlNSspYxC0i86RmicI
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 05:04:53 PM by Greta »
G.

stackjackson

• Administrator
Re: Absolute Flute - a homemade compilation by Greta
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 12:36:33 AM »
As I've said before, beautiful work Greta! I don't think I've seen vol. 3 until now ;)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:38:31 AM by Greta »
| Stack |

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 01:40:20 AM »
Yes! Vol.3 fresh for LMTv7!!

p.s. Sorry Stack, I've accidentally edited your post, but I did edit it back as it was.
G.

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 10:58:03 AM »
Great.  Thanks for creating & sharing.   

[(Sub)]

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 07:45:10 PM »
Beautiful paint on cover
and a great selection
Thank you Grrr..

LMTH303

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 02:24:23 AM »
...even though there wasn't too many responses back then for Vol 1 and 2, I was expecting Vol. 3 to hit the screen any moment Greta..and here it is...Thank you so much for once again a beautiful work of love and dedication!

a8detective

• a8detective - YouTube
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 05:52:19 AM »
     Thank you for Vol. 3! I enjoyed all the tracks, but I think my favorite was "Ieri Sera A Rio."

You should repost your Italia 70 - Librerie Musicali comp from years ago for those who might have missed it.

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 02:03:27 PM »
You should repost your Italia 70 - Librerie Musicali comp from years ago for those who might have missed it.
It would be nice to actualize it to lossless. I don't think I have all those tracks in lossless format. But I definitively can improve the overall quality.
I will do.
G.

Flemming

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 06:38:28 PM »
Thanks for vol.3 Greta, really liked the other two  :)

FictionOfColours

• @ Rateyourmusic.com
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 04:14:58 AM »
Great work, I particularly like the cover art/presentation. I love imagining one's own playlist like an official compilation, thus I love the idea of this DIY Comps board.

I love me some good flutes in this music too - 'Open Air Impressions' & some other records by Joel Vandroogenbroeck for example.

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 12:29:48 PM »

I love me some good flutes in this music too - 'Open Air Impressions' & some other records by Joel Vandroogenbroeck for example.

Yeah, there are much more than what I did put in these comps. But, as I said in the presentation, it has been a matter of shrinking a lot the first huge list I had.
I ended with italian flacs, but out of this there are many flute maestros. Joel Vandroogenbroeck, as you say, or Branislav Zivkovic, just to mention a couple.
G.

zebrazub

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 08:30:28 PM »
 :o Fantastic - my weekend listening - many thanks for this series Greta - I am very much looking forward to Volume 3 after such perfect choices in the last 2.

I hope you are still working on the women in library comp you talked about ages ago!

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 08:34:58 PM »
Hey Zeb, vol.3 is up there, with the other two. I posted them all at the same time.

Women project is really run aground right now. Maybe in a near (or far) future.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:46:23 PM by Greta »
G.

FictionOfColours

• @ Rateyourmusic.com
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 08:44:08 PM »
A women in library comp sounds like an amazing idea. There's horribly few female library composers I've heard of (Monica Beale, Suzanne Ciani maybe, Zoe de Souza, Daniela Casa, Anne Dudley), so I'm always open to knowing more. Sad to hear it's run aground as you said.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:09:47 PM by fiction_of_colours »

Greta

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 08:48:08 PM »
You are convincing me guys. Time remains the only major obstacle here..
G.