Author Topic: Cleaning out the closets  (Read 1165 times)

BlackwatchPlaid

• Raw & Real Retail
Cleaning out the closets
« on: June 19, 2018, 09:24:04 AM »

Over the past several months, I have amassed a fairly sizable folder full of albums from various libraries that have gone uncared for, mainly due to difficulties tagging them.  Studio libraries have an insistence on providing untagged wave files with either absolutely no artist/track/lineage information whatsoever, or far too much information, like which PRO each and every track's artists/composers are affiliated with.  This information is usually crammed into the filename in an unintuitive format that doesn't allow for easy parsing except to manually rename each file separately.  This is where laziness comes into the picture.  I don't have to explain this ugly monster to anyone here, I'm sure.  Anyone who has been at this collecting hobby for more than a few months will know the allure of the siren song of procrastination.

So here's where this leads.  I'm throwing in the towel on this monumental task.  No, not on uploading, don't be ridiculous.  But, I'm cleaning out the aforementioned folder and just uploading everything raw.  With the exception of converting to FLAC, you'll get the files just as I got them.  No artwork, no tags (most of the time), no file renaming.  If I don't do this these files will gather so much age on them one day I'll get rid of them.  And that does no good for anyone.  Better to get them out into the wild where someone with more patience and less arthritis than I can have a go at them.  I'm going to use this page as a sort of index to any new uploads where this eff-it morale applies.  Enjoy.

Castle Music
https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=1375

KPM Main Series
https://librarymusicthemes.com/index.php?topic=1389
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 11:27:59 AM by BlackwatchPlaid »
For funky mall walkthroughs set to Library Music, be sure to watch
Raw & Real Retail
New videos every Saturday!

stackjackson

• Administrator
Re: Cleaning out the closets
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 02:58:54 AM »
Good plan, BWP. Thanks for all the tagging, etc. you've already done for the board!
| Stack |