Author Topic: Capitol Media Music/Hi - "Q" Rips in FLAC  (Read 10109 times)

nidostar

Re: Capitol Media Music/Hi - "Q" Rips in MP3 & FLAC
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2018, 11:13:23 AM »
Thank you for uploading these in FLAC.

ericmivalstoothbrush

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2018, 01:13:24 PM »
Big thanks for the FLACs, SoCalRyan. For some reason I’ve never had the chance to listen to any Media Music releases, but these are awesome. I was expecting big band orchestra type sounds (nothing wrong with that, I like that stuff too) and got super tight jazz/funk! Ole Georg Hansen is da man!

Your transfers sound awesome, too. So once again, huuuuge thanks!  :D

SoCalRyan

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2018, 02:59:14 PM »
You're quite welcome, nidostar and ericmivalstoothbrush! :)

Big thanks for the FLACs, SoCalRyan. For some reason I’ve never had the chance to listen to any Media Music releases, but these are awesome. I was expecting big band orchestra type sounds (nothing wrong with that, I like that stuff too) and got super tight jazz/funk! Ole Georg Hansen is da man!

Your transfers sound awesome, too. So once again, huuuuge thanks!  :D

I'm glad they all turned out great in FLAC format. I actually started collecting these after I found out that they were used in a former Disneyland attraction called the Peoplemover, some of those albums have some of the music from the ride and Jack Wagner who was famous for being the voice of Disneyland was also famously associated with Capitol Records and Ole Georg and hand picked the songs from his own masters.

If you ever want to find some of his Big Band music here are some of the records that have the genre.

MEHS-3 - Media Music Release No. 8 - No. 3 - Big Band Era/Show Music - Neil Amsterdam [AKA X-163/164]
MEOS-1 - Media Music Release No. 12 - No. 1 - Big Band Today - Tom Elliot [AKA X-207/208]
MEQS-7 - Media Music Release No. 14 - No. 7 - Big Band Highlight/Jazz Tradition - Neil Amsterdam [AKA X-249/250]

Or you can just go to his soundcloud page and also find much more. https://soundcloud.com/ole-georg

Hope this helps and thanks again for the compliments. :D

ericmivalstoothbrush

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2018, 10:19:30 PM »
I'm glad they all turned out great in FLAC format. I actually started collecting these after I found out that they were used in a former Disneyland attraction called the Peoplemover, some of those albums have some of the music from the ride and Jack Wagner who was famous for being the voice of Disneyland was also famously associated with Capitol Records and Ole Georg and hand picked the songs from his own masters.

If you ever want to find some of his Big Band music here are some of the records that have the genre.

MEHS-3 - Media Music Release No. 8 - No. 3 - Big Band Era/Show Music - Neil Amsterdam [AKA X-163/164]
MEOS-1 - Media Music Release No. 12 - No. 1 - Big Band Today - Tom Elliot [AKA X-207/208]
MEQS-7 - Media Music Release No. 14 - No. 7 - Big Band Highlight/Jazz Tradition - Neil Amsterdam [AKA X-249/250]

Or you can just go to his soundcloud page and also find much more. https://soundcloud.com/ole-georg

Hope this helps and thanks again for the compliments. :D

Thanks for the info, much appreciated! I'm on my way right now to pay his Soundcloud page a visit. Been playing your uploads all day today by the way, superb stuff indeed! :)

SoCalRyan

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2018, 11:35:43 PM »
You're welcome and glad you are enjoying them. I do wonder which songs in each album everyone likes. If I had to pick my favorites from each album I would say they would be these.

Industry In Motion #1, #3, #4, #6, & #9

Neutral Strings #2, #3, #8, & #9

Commercial Life #1, #3, & #8

Ragtime/Contempo/Moog: World Adventures, Intrigue Internationale, Jet Wings, & Casual Moog

The Year In Harmony: February, March, April, May, November, & December

Then & Now & Here & There: Afternoon Tea, Shopping Mall, The Supermarket, Join The Nostalgia, Boutique, At The Club & Window Shopping

Musical Weather Report: It's Mild, It's Stormy, It's Sprinkling, It's Hot & It's Windy

ulybasya

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2018, 01:20:22 PM »
thank you SoCalRyan for posting this rips, i only took "Industry In Motion" as you advised me and i enjoyed it too! second track is the best for me  :D peace!   :)

SoCalRyan

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2018, 02:55:15 PM »
thank you SoCalRyan for posting this rips, i only took "Industry In Motion" as you advised me and i enjoyed it too! second track is the best for me  :D peace!   :)

You're welcome Ulybasa, glad you enjoyed "Industry In Motion". If you were simply going on what I advised, I would've recommended them all. If you get the chance check them out, you'll DEFINITELY find a favorite in each album.  Thanks again for the compliments.  ;D

SSrustworthy

Re: Capitol Media Music/Hi - "Q" Rips in FLAC
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2022, 08:02:51 PM »
Hey, would anyone be willing to re-up these?  :D