Author Topic: Capitol Media Music/Hi - "Q" Rips in FLAC  (Read 10110 times)

Killa-The-Librarian

• I'm Still Alive
Re: Capitol Media Music/Hi - "Q" Rips
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2018, 10:02:35 AM »
Thanks for the Hi-Q references, was able to fill a gap

SoCalRyan

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2018, 01:32:01 PM »
Thanks for the Hi-Q references, was able to fill a gap

No problem!

Big Archive

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2018, 03:14:52 PM »
Sorry, but why you cannot upload those wonderful and also rare music in lossless, why?

I really like it and I was very disapointed when I saw it was only in mp3. So please, can you  upload in real lossless I possible?

You should know I am a lossless collector!

Many thanks in advance!

SoCalRyan

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2018, 03:53:02 PM »
Sorry, but why you cannot upload those wonderful and also rare music in lossless, why?

I really like it and I was very disapointed when I saw it was only in mp3. So please, can you  upload in real lossless I possible?

You should know I am a lossless collector!

Many thanks in advance!

I actually don't know what you mean by "lossless". If you could explain how it is different, maybe I can find a way to change it to that format.

Killa-The-Librarian

• I'm Still Alive
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2018, 05:11:41 PM »
Ryan, its for special people with special ears.  j/k

Share what you want it doesn't have to be lossless
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 05:21:49 PM by KILLA-THE-LIBRARIAN »

SoCalRyan

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2018, 05:24:09 PM »
Ryan, its for special people with special ears. 

Share what you want it doesn't have to be lossless

Thank you for the info Killa. LOL

LMTH303

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2018, 05:37:07 PM »
Beautiful post! All fillers for me and great ones...Thank you SoCalRyan!

Big Archive

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2018, 06:47:58 PM »
Sorry when I was rude. But I am a fanatic lossless collector.... So I hope we can forget this little argue!

SoCalRyan

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2018, 10:08:53 PM »
Beautiful post! All fillers for me and great ones...Thank you SoCalRyan!

You're quite welcome!

SoCalRyan

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2018, 10:12:37 PM »
Sorry when I was rude. But I am a fanatic lossless collector.... So I hope we can forget this little argue!

That's ok, no hard feelings.  :)

SoCalRyan

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2018, 10:27:15 PM »
One more thing to everyone who downloaded "Industry In Motion", I accidentally misplaced "Industry In Motion #10". I reuploaded the album with the actual song and not the variation. Sorry for the mix-up. The new link has been added to the original post as well.

https://www17.zippyshare.com/v/7rf3WWO6/file.html

Rocco

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2018, 10:57:09 PM »
Thank you so much, SoCalRyan, what a bunch of wonderful albums. All of them are new for me.  :)

SoCalRyan

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2018, 11:02:10 PM »
Thank you so much, SoCalRyan, what a bunch of wonderful albums. All of them are new for me.  :)

You're welcome, glad to know they're all new for you.  :)

Cevans

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2018, 11:27:56 PM »
Just thought I'd jump in here and offer an explanation of what "Lossless" means.

Essentially there are two types of file formats "Lossy" and "lossless". Audio files that offer smaller size are usually lossy, as they take out audio frequencies (that it thinks you can't hear) to acheive that smaller size. If the file is encoded at a high bit rate, this removal of frequencies is barely noticeable. However, at low bit rates the high frequencies will start to sound watery and verry unnatural. File formats such as MP3, OGG, AAC, and WMA are all lossy formats.

On the otherhand, lossless files are larger in size, yet all of the audio data is there. File formats such as WAV, AIF, and FLAC are all lossless. FLAC files give you the best of both worlds, as they offer a smaller file size (if compared to WAV), without losing frequencies.

One final note about lossy and lossless files: converting a lossy file to a lossless file will NOT improve the quality. Lossless files only sound as good as the source material. So if your source is a low quality MP3, then the resulting lossless file will sound just as bad. This process of re-encoding files is known as "transcoding" and should be avoided if at all possible. Hope this information helps.

CEvans
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 11:31:23 PM by Cevans »

SoCalRyan

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2018, 11:43:10 PM »
Just thought I'd jump in here and offer an explanation of what "Lossless" means.

Essentially there are two types of file formats "Lossy" and "lossless". Audio files that offer smaller size are usually lossy, as they take out audio frequencies (that it thinks you can't hear) to acheive that smaller size. If the file is encoded at a high bit rate, this removal of frequencies is barely noticeable. However, at low bit rates the high frequencies will start to sound watery and verry unnatural. File formats such as MP3, OGG, AAC, and WMA are all lossy formats.

On the otherhand, lossless files are larger in size, yet all of the audio data is there. File formats such as WAV, AIF, and FLAC are all lossless. FLAC files give you the best of both worlds, as they offer a smaller file size (if compared to WAV), without losing frequencies.

One final note about lossy and lossless files: converting a lossy file to a lossless file will NOT improve the quality. Lossless files only sound as good as the source material. So if your source is a low quality MP3, then the resulting lossless file will sound just as bad. This process of re-encoding files is known as "transcoding" and should be avoided if at all possible. Hope this information helps.

CEvans

Thank you very much for the info. I just have one question, if I were to re-make thee albums into lossless files in the future, which audio recording programs would you recommend to make these. Would Audacity be ok or should I use another program?