Author Topic: Nino Nardini & The PRG - No.7 Pop, Soul Et Rock Psychadelique (1998) [RMCD No.7]  (Read 2005 times)

cratedigga

No.7 Pop, Soul Et Rock Psychadelique
Music By Nino Nardini & The Pop Riviera Group
Rotonde Musique - RMCD No.7 (CD, Album, 1998)
Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/fr/Nino-Nardini-2-The-Pop-Riviera-Group-Rotonde-Musique/release/1751800

Link: hxxps://www74.zippyshare.com/v/CTsWa3jF/file.html

Enjoy!
Library music changed my life!

cratedigga

Note to the admin who moved this topic in that section: Nino Nardini is considered as one of the greatest french library composer ever, so I don't understand why you shifted it here.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 02:37:22 PM by cratedigga »

stackjackson

• Administrator
This is a *new* band using the name of Nino Nardini and it's not a library record.

For reference, the library section is for legitimate library labels/releases.
| Stack |

cratedigga

This is a *new* band using the name of Nino Nardini and it's not a library record.

For reference, the library section is for legitimate library labels/releases.
I agree, the pedigree of this record is very obscure, I read a bunch of comments telling the same thing you did (including the ones written at Discogs), but I've always thought that was not official but rather a speculative story.
Well, if you confirm this, I bet it does. I'm not arguing with a guy who owns a better library culture than me. ;D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 03:58:20 PM by cratedigga »

Mr

• Administrator
I can confirm Stack's comment here - the label behind the release wasn't exactly known as a pillar of honesty. Copyright paperwork shows that the tracks are all attributed to label owners Gabriel Roth and Philippe Lehman, Victor 'Ticklah' Axelrod, and Martin Perna. It's a nice release, I guess, but the late Nino Nardini had nothing to do with it.

cratedigga

I can confirm Stack's comment here - the label behind the release wasn't exactly known as a pillar of honesty. Copyright paperwork shows that the tracks are all attributed to label owners Gabriel Roth and Philippe Lehman, Victor 'Ticklah' Axelrod, and Martin Perna. It's a nice release, I guess, but the late Nino Nardini had nothing to do with it.
Many thanks for this update Mr! Always something new to learn and from 7 to 77 years!
As I understand, you meant that the tracks included in this record were not taken from the Nardini's works? Then where does it really come from (I know it was recorded in 1998 but by who, which line-up managed this)? Nobody is clear about this fact, actually.
The problem with this french composer (aka George Teperino, a good friend of Roger Roger), is that he was as obscure as his work, and it stills very hard to succed in finding real infos about him. Finally this genious guy remains a real mystery.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 06:11:16 PM by cratedigga »

Mr

• Administrator
Happy to help clear it up. Yeah, that's right; these tracks are not Nardini's work, and were seemingly recorded in '98. Nardini passed away in 1994, making this all the more tasteless, I think. Not that it's all that important, but I'd guess that you're probably hearing some of the same people that appear elsewhere in Desco's catalogue, for instance on "Soul Explosion" by The Daktaris. We can at least assume Martin Perna was involved. He's still around, so I'd suggest maybe contacting him if you're still curious. To be clear, I'm not suggesting the musicians are to blame or anything, this very much seems like the label owners' idea.

He's not quite really that obscure anymore, at least by library standards. He was born Georges Achille Teperino in 1912, and was actually a childhood friend of Roger Roger. Their careers mirror each other in many ways. If you're interested I've edited a small-ish biography that can be read on Discogs. Here's some further reading (in French).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:55:04 PM by Mr »

cratedigga

Very interesting, this article in french is one of the most complete and relevant I've never seen before (and I'm lucky because french is my first language, by the way).
Thanks once more Mr.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 09:50:28 PM by cratedigga »

Mr

• Administrator
Happy to help! Indeed, Born Bad Records have done som thorough, good work. I also warmly recommend their interview with Jean-Pierre Decerf :)

sj_beat

Good day) Please reupload) Regards , SJ_Be@T  :)

OrganGrinder

pixeldrain.com/u/y3t8cfL5

sj_beat

Many thanks , OrganGrinder !!! ) ;)