Author Topic: Music De Wolfe (Lossless)  (Read 71366 times)

OrganGrinder

Re: Music De Wolfe (Lossless)
« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2024, 03:15:23 AM »
pixeldrain.com/u/J4HJyZxh

Microgramma72

« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2024, 02:00:37 PM »
Thank you!
Looks like my ancient rip not only sounded really bad, but was missing some tracks!

zoomo

« Reply #212 on: April 11, 2024, 09:56:57 PM »
Thanks Tony!

zoomo

« Reply #213 on: April 11, 2024, 10:00:41 PM »
Thanks Organgrinder

nidostar

« Reply #214 on: April 11, 2024, 10:48:37 PM »
Many thanks OrganGrinder. A nice upgrade for me. Though at the risk of sounding nerdy the tracks on this album are mono so the catalogue number ought to be DW LP 3304 rather than DWS LP I'd have thought.

Muff Diver

• Secret Squirrel is watching!
« Reply #215 on: April 13, 2024, 12:35:26 AM »

• [De Wolfe] DWLP 3196 *
mediafire.com/file/4fp6ukwafu2dgj3/DWLP+3196+-+Restless+Woman.rar/file
• [De Wolfe] DWLP 3200 *
mediafire.com/file/1pn2tvf8f04jj52/DWLP+3200+-+Sing+Me+A+Song.rar/file
• [De Wolfe] DWLP 3241 *
mediafire.com/file/z8qxl6jc72bg3cc/[De+Wolfe]+-+DWLP+3241+-+Derek+Laren+-+Episodes+From+The+Bible+Vol.2+(1972).rar/file

Thank you Retronic, for all three of these uploads! 

DWLP 3196 I never had, and the other 2 are big upgrades from what were previously incomplete rips, mp3, or both.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

Titoroski187

« Reply #216 on: April 15, 2024, 03:05:07 AM »
Hello ) reuloud please - DWLP 3215 - Superstrings Plus - Cult And Colour (1971)(FLAC)

Thy will be done...
http$://mega.nz/folder/XlMkCLSb#0ghmalC23Q4FBlIj-xu8Kw

:D

Muff Diver

« Reply #217 on: April 16, 2024, 08:41:05 PM »
Here's 2969 in FLAC ==> ht**s://pixeldrain.com/u/zcupBg72
And 3039 in FLAC ==> ht**s://pixeldrain.com/u/A4YRKs4m

I don't have 3289.

DWLP 2969 is a clear upgrade for my previous 256 download & missing a track.

OTOH, DWLP 3039 is a bit of a puzzle and while I'm not complaining about people freely sharing their upgraded FLAC rips, this rip doesn't sound right to me.  Please don't take my opinion in the wrong vein as I'm not one to shyt on fellow collectors and generous uploaders. 

My original DWLP 3039 is a badly corrupted mp3, but I have to admit it sounds more full to my ears. I still keep it around just because it's the best sounding copy I have, thus far. But I'm constantly hoping to find a worthy-sounding, LOSSLESS upgrade.

The FLAC upgrade I have now, first came to my possession in 2019 from LMT. The sound volume on this FLAC rip is a lower and "tinny" sounding. Too much treble, I think.  I marked that file so I could remember to continue searching for a better sounding upgrade.

I was happy to download your offering of DWLP 3039 but upon listening, I've determined and comparing via MediaInfo, I've come to the conclusion that your FLAC upload and my copy are identical, with a couple of extra scans generously added to your upload.

If I had no other copies to compare the sound, I might not have noticed. But being what it is, I thought you (and anybody else who has this same rip) should know (if that matters to you).

Again, I appreciate your (and everyone else here @ LMT) generous ripping & reuploads for poor  such as myself.  I'm sure there's probably a 12-Step group, Library Sluts Anonymous Ⓡ ⓒ, and other unfortunate souls like us, somewhere in this cold, dark world.

Even when any uploads are less than "perfect," I'm still able to learn valuable lessons from each listen. In that vein, I'm grateful for your sharing your copy.  Thanks for both these uploads, Nidostar

Muff Diver

« Reply #218 on: April 16, 2024, 10:01:04 PM »

Oooh, more De Wolfe goodies!  I can't wait to unwrap these and see what Retro-Claus hath brought me, this time!

It's X-mas in April @ LMT  8]

nidostar

« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2024, 10:53:38 AM »
Hey Muff Diver! Great to see you back in the forum.

DWLP 2969 does raise a question. Although the album is entitled Eye For An Eye the track itself is not listed on the rear sleeve nor on the record label. The discogs entry, while showing a cleaner version of the same rear sleeve lists track A6 as Eye For An Eye. I can only assume that the printers and the pressing factory were not fully co-ordinated on this one as it would be odd, though not unusual, for an album to be named after a track that doesn't feature on it.

With regards the shares I've absolutely no problem at all with you or any other members challenging the authenticity of the FLAC files. I, too, have been doing the same when time permits with shares from other members. The trouble is time does not alway permit as thorough a check of files as I would like. The majority of my library collection has come from shares on this forum over the years. Not that I'm passing the blame to other members but simply illustrating how widespread the problem of Fake FLACs could be.

I like to think that the majority of fakes out there are down to people believing that if they convert a lossy file to lossless the quality will improve which of course is completely wrong. Even if one were to load a file into Audacity or the like and increase the treble or bass the quality of the recording won't change even if it sounds different. Once a lossy always a lossy. From your post it's clear that you have a similar or better understanding of this than I. I am not an audio engineer but have been dabbling behind the scenes in audio for many years.

I've had a look at 3039 using an app called Spek on my Mac. From the spectral analysis the files appear to have the characteristics of genuine FLACs in that the frequencies don't cut off at 16kHz or 20kHz as one would expect of a lossy original but visually fade out beyond 20kHz. I've also run the audio files through Lossless Audio Checker on my Windows laptop which confirms that all the files are "clean" ie authentic FLACs. Could it be that the original recording is just a poor quality rip and that your MP3 version is a lossy conversion of that, I wonder? Certainly the sound quality is poor with far too much top and very little in the lower frequencies. It was as though the woofer in my speakers had blown!

It looks as though I downloaded this album in early 2019 though I didn't record in the tags whose share it was. It was most likely shared on LMT as I don't do SoulSeek and it's extremely rare to find lossless library files elsewhere. If we accept that the FLAC files are the genuine article then it would be possible to modify the frequency response of each file to improve the sound quality without detriment ot the original recording. But a quicker solution might be if we were to ask Retronic nicely to upload a new rip of DWLP 3039 The London Studio Orchestra ‎– There's A World Going On (1967) if he has it and were prepared to share it.....please!!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 01:49:10 PM by nidostar »

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2024, 12:41:09 PM »
I have both of them on vinyl so will see if I’ve ripped them. 

nidostar

« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2024, 04:22:55 PM »
I have both of them on vinyl so will see if I’ve ripped them.
Thanks Retro.

paulcuts

« Reply #222 on: April 18, 2024, 11:11:00 AM »
Hi!) Im Searching Music De Wolfe - DWLP 3276 - Metropolis (1974) Keith Papworth. Please upload  or re-up this record. Thank you so much.

nidostar

« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2024, 01:28:18 PM »
Hi!) Im Searching Music De Wolfe - DWLP 3276 - Metropolis (1974) Keith Papworth. Please upload  or re-up this record. Thank you so much.
Here you go (with thanks to the OP) ==> ht**s://pixeldrain.com/u/zYKYuLdt

Retronic

• Administrator
« Reply #224 on: April 19, 2024, 07:15:53 AM »
I can rip 'There's A World Going On' today as I'm off work!
Meanwhile , for clarity- the label has the same track list for 'Eye For An Eye' as the sleeve, but the catalogue lists it as an additional track; as you say A6 and indeed the vinyl has 6 tracks on the A side, so it's there but unlisted, as it were.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 07:19:25 AM by Retronic »